Monday, August 27, 2012

26 weeks.

Feet at 22 weeks.
I'm 26 weeks pregnant! I didn't feel like snapping a photo of my belly this week, so here's a shot from my fetal echo of her little feet! My gosh they're so cute. I can't believe you can make out her little toes! It's really weird to think that I'm about to start the third trimester. Really weird. It's also really weird to think that there's a living thing in my belly that's about 14 inches long head to toe. I'm constantly hearing that I don't look 26 weeks pregnant, but that's cool. My belly has grown a heck of a lot in the last couple weeks. She's definitely making herself more known these days. On Saturday I took my dog for a long walk & it was over 90 degrees, which is no bueno. I came home & passed out a few times, so Gabe made me lay down & put my feet up, which gave me a chance to watch my belly while she was kicking around. I've seen a few thumps in the last few weeks, but holy moly, she is REALLY moving now, that or she is just a lot bigger. I saw little thumps & then out of no where she rolled over or something & the centre of my belly rose & then she shifted to the right side of my belly & started freaking out! It was awesome. Husband got to see some of the moving too, which was cool. But it's so so so weird. I can't believe she's in there just acting like she owns the place! & I can't believe I already love her so much!

We're getting really close to picking out a name. But we won't tell because we're going to wait til we meet her to make the final decision. I feel like that's a good thing cause if my mom hadn't done that, my name would've been Cinnamon. & we all know there's only one profession for a girl with the name Cinnamon.

Anya.
In non-baby related news. My husband shaved my dog. Without telling me. She looks like a rat. She's lucky I love her anyway & her personality wasn't stored in her fluffy fur, cause she seriously looks like a rat. Or a greyhound. But mostly a rat. I feel so bad for her. All of the puppies at puppy school (we are currently taking her to puppy school for training & it's going great) are going to make fun of her. But she knows that her mommy loves her & that's what matters. Gabe is going to start grooming her for a while cause her fluffy butt is costing too much to have done professionally at the moment. Some day she'll go back to the salon & get well groomed, but for now Gabe can do it. Gabe thinks she looks like a dog now (obviously I think she looks like a rat), but I like that poodles don't look like other dogs. I love her fluffy butt & fluffy fro! I was really upset he cut the fluff from her head completely. That won't be happening again. I like to play with it. I remember when my mom cut our dogs like this, they looked so stupid. Actually. They remind me of the monster things in the movie The Fifth Element. The ones with the big guns that Gary Oldman is the boss of? If you don't know what I'm talking about then go educate yourself on a fantastic movie. Then you'll see that my dog looks kinda like one of those things. I think it's just the ears though. But those monsters aren't cute. But, my puppy is still cute. Mostly cause she has a cute personality, & I love her.

I started sewing this week! A woman in my ward is teaching me. I LOVE sewing! I should've started sooner. I really wish I had, but I had zero interest until this year. So these pillows were my first project. The purple one is in my living room, & the one with the bow is on our bed. I can't wait to do more. I'm glad I'm starting this before the baby comes. Gabe is really excited about it, too. I love this sudden desire to be crafty. It makes me happy. However, it doesn't banish my need to have pretty clothes & shoes. Ha!

Oh oh! Back to babies for a second. My brother's wife had their 4th baby yesterday! His name is Liam. He's going to be SO cute. I know this because their other 3 kids are absolutely adorable. I'm not even being bias because I'm their aunt. They really are adorable kids. Then you throw in my sisters kids & you see that my family really does have some of the cutest kids on the planet. Totally not bias. You can probably ask anyone. They're all pretty frick'n cute.

& my mom comes this week! She gets here in 2 days, which means I will spend much of my time cleaning, with intervals of putting my feet up because I've learned the hard way that if I don't my feet swell like crazy & I start having contractions. Which I do not enjoy. In the least. But I'm SOOO excited for my mom to get here. She's coming for my baby shower which is this Saturday. I'm also VERY excited about that. Which reminds me, I'm loving getting baby gifts. I got a box in the mail every day last week. I looove finding baby things inside! My Aunt Lynn made a super cute baby blanket for her. I'm expecting a few more of those from various family members. This child is so loved. =]

That is all.

- Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment