Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Dresser.

It's DONE!!! <--- That's not it. Obviously. It says before. Scroll down for the final product.

Gabe completed the dresser. It took him about two weeks with everything else he was doing. & I was no help since he had to do it in the hot hot garage. It looks MARVELOUS!!! & as you can see, super different from how we bought it. I was skeptical at first. We got it for $25 from a lady down the street that was selling it on Craigslist. It was super broken. Everywhere. He had to fix every drawer, & every space that held the drawer. It was a lot of work for him, but he did an awesome awesome job. I told him what I wanted & he delivered. It's going to look SO SO cute in baby girl's room. & we picked (& by we I mean me) the turquoise colour because it will work for other babies too. Just in case there's a little boy in our future. I think it looks like it definitely belongs in a child's room. For some reason it makes me think of Blues Clues. Just me? Probably. My mind is a weird place.

So anyway. I'm super super happy with it. Now Gabe just has to clear all of his things out of baby girl's room & we can put it up there. Until then, it will sit in my entryway. Which is okay. That area is hopelessly empty & in desperate need of something there anyway. A temporary cute dresser works perfectly. 

Ah! I love it. Makes me happy. =]

- Alexa


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Gabe! And cute idea Alexa, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabe did so amazing. The dresser is superb! Can't wait to see what else happens for little baby girl's room! - Rachel

    ReplyDelete