Monday, August 6, 2012

23 weeks.

22 weeks.
17 weeks left! That's madness! I didn't feel like taking a picture this week either. So here's a picture of little girl in my uterus from my fetal echo. (Her heart looks good by the way. But they'll have to check again a couple days after she's born to make sure she doesn't have an ASD like her mommy.) She's very fidgety. Loves kicking around. I saw my belly move for the first time on Friday. It makes me think of movies or shows where there's an alien in them & it's trying to get out. Pretty gross, but that's what it looked like to me. 

This week has gone well! Especially the last half. Apparently I'm feeling crafty & "nesting" a little bit, as my mom called it. Moved things around in my room. & I bought material. & had Gabe teach me to iron. (No, I didn't know how to iron. I've specifically never purchased clothing that needed to be ironed so that I wouldn't have to learn how to do it. Go ahead. Make fun. I blame my mom.) I'm pretty much a pro at ironing. I hate it, but I can do it. I also hate cleaning, but I can do that, too. I got things to make more wreaths, too, so as soon as I'm done with our bedroom, I'm going to get crafty. I'm really looking forward to it. A lady from church is even going to teach me how to sew! I think I've been inspired by the Olympics. I've watched so much gymnastics this week that I've actually been having dreams about being an Olympic gymnast. But they make me feel lazy. Which I am. So that makes sense. So I've suddenly become someone who is not lazy! Or at least I'm trying. It feels good to have the energy to do things finally. It may be coming in the last 5 weeks of the second trimester, but better late than never!

Gabe is pretty much done with the dresser for baby girl's room. I can't wait to show off the transformation. It's going to look awesome. It's taking him some extra time because he's been out flying his rc plane with people from church that want to learn this week, which I think is great. He gets so excited about people wanting to learn about what he loves, so I'm glad he's found people that think it's cool. It makes him happy.

I'm getting really excited for this little girl to come. Her room is going to be soooo flippin' cute. & a couple of our Aunts are making some nice things for baby girl. The baby shower is September 1st, (see sneak peak of invitation at left) & I just cannot wait. My mom gets here on the 29th of August & I'm sure she'll help me out with things, which will be nice. My dad doesn't get to come anymore because he's having surgery tomorrow, but hopefully he'll be able to come at Christmas time to meet his newest granddaughter! She's number 7 for them.

Gabe & I are really starting to buckle down & figure out a name. It's hard! He doesn't like my favourite name at all, so that's disappointing. But we have 4 names on our list right now. So hopefully we'll figure out our favourite. But we're not going to tell, because if she comes out & that name doesn't fit her, we're going to have back up names. Gabe has also decided that he wants me to to start measuring my belly so he can keep track of when I grow. Which the last few days has been about half an inch everyday. Weird. But I think it's cute that he wants to keep track. 

Oh. & someone asked me at Walmart how far along I am the other day. That's the first time that's happened! I think that means I'm finally looking pregnant rather than like I'm eating too many no bake cookies. Which is nice. =] Mmm. No bakes.

Here's this thing.

How far along? 23+2 weeks.
How big around? 35.25 inches on Saturday (which was the 23 week mark).
Total weight gain/loss: Approximately 10lbs. Probably a little more. Haven't weighed myself in about a week. But since my morning sickness came back, I think weight gain has slowed down.
Maternity Clothes: Just pants. But I need tops. My belly is going to start stretching my shirts soon.
Sleep: Complete crap.
Best moment this week: Getting the baby shower invitations! They're so cute!!! Oh! & one of my very best friends moved down here & now lives exactly 30 minutes away from me!
Miss Anything? Being able to fall asleep when I'm tired.
Movement: Definitely.
Food cravings: Grapes & milk.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Almost everything.
Have you started to show yet: Yes. 
Labor Signs: Haven't had contractions in about a week. Woo!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: I'd say happy. But I have my bad mood moments. & I'm horribly emotional. Yesterday I asked Gabe for a hug & he jokingly said no. I teared up on the spot. It was horribly embarrassing. haha
Looking forward to: Gabe getting all of his junk out of baby girl's room so we can put her dresser in there.

That is all.


- Alexa


No comments:

Post a Comment