Saturday, September 22, 2012

30 weeks.

Monitors on my belly, IV in my hand.
TEN!! 10 weeks left. It's the final countdown. You know, this little girl is in there bouncing around making my belly contort in weird ways as I type, & it still doesn't feel real. I can't believe that my due date is 10 weeks away. That is just ridiculous. I'm not old enough for this. Too weird.

So this week was rough. On Monday I began experiencing "flu-like" symptoms. Nausea, inability to keep anything down, headaches, all over weakness, & my lower back has never hurt so bad. The nausea & throwing up happens with my morning sickness still, but this was so much worse. My doctor told me to go in to triage to get checked out. I wasn't too dehydrated, but they gave me IV fluids anyway, along with some Zofran (which I love) & Morphine. They had me hooked up monitoring baby girl & contractions. She kept kicking the monitors. It was so loud. But after they gave me the Morphine she calmed right down, which I thought was pretty funny. They don't know what happened. Maybe some sort of bug? If I'm still getting sick next week I have to go in. Morning sickness shouldn't be getting worse at this point. I'm feeling pretty good now though, so hopefully it's over. The good news is that baby girl is still healthy as ever! That's all that matters.

This Wednesday, husband & I are driving to Virginia! It's about an 8 hour drive, & I'm going to have to make lots of pit stops, but I'm really excited!!! Thursday my outrageously talented photographer friend is taking my maternity photos, Friday we're going to DC, Saturday we're going to visit a friend of mine, & then we'll drive back to Ohio on Sunday. Then the following Saturday I will fly home! Or as homey as it gets for military brats anyway. I'm going to Colorado! I'll spend a few days there with my parents, & then we're driving down to Arizona for my sister's wedding! So glad I get to fly at that point. I'll be two days short of 34 weeks when I fly back to Ohio. But it turns out that you can fly up until your last 4 weeks if you haven't had any complications. At least on most airlines. I'm really excited about all this traveling. It's going to be so fun! A pain I'm sure, but fun nevertheless.

Today I had planned on sorting through all of the things we have for baby girl. That didn't work out. It is my goal in life to get something done in baby girl's room before we leave for VA. Something. Anything. Hopefully I won't be otherwise distracted this week so that can easily happen.

One last thing. I would like to share that here in Ohio we are having sweater weather. I love sweater weather! I find it a lot easier to dress my bump when I can wear layers. Makes me feel like less of a cow. Or a whale. I hope some of you are also enjoying some fall-like weather.

K. That is all.

- Alexa



No comments:

Post a Comment