Sunday, September 9, 2012

Baby Shower.

This week has been CRAZY so I'm only just getting around to posting about the baby shower. It was last Saturday, September 1st. The invitations, & all of the labels & things were made by my good friend, Rachel Bridgwood. She's an amazingly talented photographer that co-owns a company called Sweet Root Village (blog here: http://www.sweetrootvillageblog.com/). They do photography (which is rad by the way...I'm going out to Virginia in a few weeks & she's going to do a maternity shoot with me), flowers, & coordination for weddings. They are SO SO SO talented. Seriously. I would've killed to have these girls do my wedding reception. So anyway. Rachel did this for me because she's wonderful. She was weeks away from having her own baby & still designing invitations & talking with the girl that threw the shower here. She was the most energetic pregnant woman on the face of the planet. Now she has her own little girl, who by the way is probably the cutest baby I have ever seen. I'm not even kidding. That girl came out so much cuter than all other babies. I can't wait to moogie her.
Lindsey


Okay. I got off subject. Moral of the story: If you live in the VA area & you have an event, look them up. They're amazing. Okay. Moving on. One of my very best friends, Lindsey, who was my roommate my first year at BYU, just so happened to move to a town about 30 minutes away from me with her husband & baby girl. She asked if she could throw my shower when I told her I was pregnant back in... March? So it's been a long time coming. She was SO excited. She kinda allowed it to consume her life... or at least her apartment. She had pompoms & pinwheels & things like that all over the place. She was a major stud. & another woman in my ward held the baby shower at her house & helped Lindsey with things. They did amazing. Lindsey was so so so dedicated to making it awesome. & amazingly patient...cause she had to cut labels out, punch holes, among other things. The final product turned out awesome. Women contributed food (my favourite being tomatoes... I couldn't get enough that day), & brought me lovely lovely gifts. I have also received wonderful gifts in the mail, which I love. I love love love getting gifts for baby girl. It's so cool. Someone from church made a car seat cover for her, the exact one I put on pinterest...duplicated perfectly. I love it. Someone made her a scrap tutu, which is going to be ABSOLUTELY adorable in some pictures. Husband's mom made her an adorable little sunflower dress, that actually matches a dress she made for my niece. & my mom bought her a dress that looks like someone took something out of my mom's closet & shrink rayed it. Plus, she's got a lot of books now, & a baby monitor, & a play mat... I really have received some great gifts. 

So, here's what the decorations turned out looking like. It was great. Now, keep in mid the colours are the same as what I'm doing in baby girl's room. Turquoise & pink/corally colours. I wanted to just to corals, but that makes things a lot harder. Plus, I love pink. The chevron is also a pattern I'd like to do in her room. I'd paint a wall if I could. & I'm also gonna do some polka dots. Or at least I'd like to... yet again.


pinwheels
Yum.
Wishes for Baby. Loved these.
Cinnamon Rolls
(Lindsey & I also made a body scrub favour, that was put in to little jars, & Lindsey put fabric over the lid in the right colours. Very cute.)


So, that's about it. I'll spare you the pictures of me. I like to think I was retaining a lot of extra water that day cause I look bloated as ever. I look less bloated right now, so I really do think that was a bad day for me. Plus, the camera adds 10lbs. Ha! Anyway. The baby shower was definitely a success. I wish I had been able to do a baby shower out west so that family & more friends could come, but such is life. I'm very grateful for everyone that was there, & everyone that has since given me gifts, or simply congratulated me. I feel so blessed to have these people in my life. Now, let's hope this baby comes out a girl, cause it would be awkward to only have dresses if the gender scan was wrong. I told my mom that would be the first thing I check. =]

That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment