Sunday, July 29, 2012

22 weeks.

21 weeks.
It's weird to think that I've known about the baby for 20 weeks, & she'll be here in about 18. According to What to Expect When You're Expecting, I'm 5 months pregnant. Which makes sense since my due date is in 4 months. Weird. Every week seems to bring some new challenge to overcome, but luckily I have great doctors & a wonderful husband. I'm very blessed. & while pregnancy is anything but easy on my body, this little girl is going to be so so loved.


The picture to the right is at 21 weeks. I didn't feel like taking a picture this weekend. But I don't think I look much different anyway.

My baby shower is in a month & I'm trying to get the registries done. It's a little overwhelming, but very exciting. There's so much stuff to think about! We found a dresser on Craigslist this week & Gabe is refinishing it now. I can't help him because he has to work in the garage & it's too hot for me, so that's kinda sad. But I told him what I wanted it to look like & it's going to turn out awesome. It's going to be the changing table. Found out this week that my parents will be buying the crib, so that's really nice. But there's so many other things to buy! I mean, I was fully aware of this before I got pregnant, but it's a whole different story when you're actually looking at a list of things that should be on hand. There are so many things that are so simple that I didn't even think about. It's a good thing I have people I can ask.

How far along? 22+1 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: The last time I was weighed, I had gained 8lbs. The time before that said 10lbs. So it depends on the day. haha.
Maternity Clothes: Just pants.
Sleep: The last few days I've been so exhausted that I sleep pretty well. But I have a really hard time falling asleep.
Best moment this week: Getting things done on the registries. 
Miss Anything? Not having to wear this stupid heart monitor 24/7. The stickers are agitating, the cable gets caught on things & the pack gets in the way. But I guess it's for my own good.
Movement: Definitely.
Food cravings: Last night I wanted ranch style beans. Other than that not really. Very little has sounded good to me this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Almost everything.
Have you started to show yet: Yes. But it usually just looks like a beer belly. It doesn't look like a baby belly until much later in the day.
Labor Signs: I've had some contractions. Both Braxton Hicks & other more painful ones. I just have to be careful & pay attention. I keep telling baby girl it's far too early for these shenanigans & she has to stay in there longer.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. My other mood is sleepy. Can that be considered a mood? Cause it's definitely different from happy.
Looking forward to: My mom (& MAYBE my dad) getting here at the end of August. & then the baby shower. 

That is all.

- Alexa

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for your baby and nervous for you with all the complications and difficulties your body is going through. I'm glad the baby is healthy and thriving though, that's a blessing for sure. Take it easy so she can bake for a while and come to earth safely! Have fun with your shower! I'm now 37 weeks and counting! Nearly there! Egad! Love, Kalia

    ReplyDelete