Tuesday, September 11, 2012

28 weeks.

I can't believe I'm in the 3rd trimester. Looking back it feels like this is flying by...but then I remember I still have 12 weeks. But that's a lot less than half. Woah. I somehow managed to stumble in to the maternity care wing at the hospital. So what happened was I was at the hospital all day with my mom because she had to have surgery when she was visiting me, so when I was leaving that night I was having some cramping in my abdominal area. I had to walk thru maternity care to get to my car & some of the nurses noticed me looking uncomfortable & they insisted on taking me back to make sure I was okay (this is a small hospital, everyone seems to be quite helpful). Turns out I was really stressed, had anxiety, & was super dehydrated, which lead straight to some contractions & things. My regular doctor had them monitor for contractions & the baby's heartbeat for about 40 minutes while they had me drink lots of water, & then they sent me on my way. But not until they told me that my baby is one of the healthiest they've ever seen! Even compared to a full term baby! I guess she's developing quite nicely. She's an active little bugger that's for sure. Every time I do a kick count, she far exceeds the average expectation. 10 movements in 10 minutes? Try 10 movements in 60 seconds. She's an active little fetus. I felt her having the hiccups this morning for the first time. I think it's so funny that she has the hiccups. I know that's normal...but it's still funny to me. Her movements are less funny & cute when they wake me up, or keep me from sleeping...but I do love to know she's still alive & well.

Mom & I at my baby shower
So, the last week or so has been CRAZY. September 1st (27 week point) was my baby shower, which was most lovely (see previous post entitled "Baby Shower"). & my mom has been here, which I LOVE. She was supposed to fly back to Colorado last Thursday, but we ran in to a bit of a mishap. My mom knew she had gall stones, & she apparently began experiencing an attack last week. Wednesday night it got really bad & the pain didn't go away. After many hours of coaxing, I finally got her to the ER. Turns out those suckers were marble size & she had to have that gall bladder taken out Thursday...the day she was supposed to fly home. Flying home definitely did not happen (though when they gave her morphine she was convinced she'd get to fly Friday, maybe even catch her original flight Thursday if the surgery was done in time). So anyway, she spent a couple nights in the hospital. Luckily the one that's 5 minutes away is really nice, & they took really good care of her. I brought her back to my house on Friday & have been trying to make sure she doesn't hurt herself...but she's the worst patient on the planet so it's been hard. She's still here, but she'll head back to CO today. I hate it when she leaves. ESPECIALLY when I know she's still having pain from the surgery. But I guess she's a grown woman & can take care of herself! WHATEVER! I'm so glad she came. I really do love having my mom here. I hope Gabe & I get to move somewhere closer to the family eventually. They're my favourite. I have an excuse to see them next month though, cause my sister is getting married in Arizona, so I get to go to that! YAY! Hopefully everything will still be clear for me to fly at 33 weeks. 

Anyway, it's been a crazy week or so. My due date is coming up fast & the only thing done in the nursery is the dresser. I have a pile of clothes that need to be washed, & I need to figure out what else is going to happen in there. Lots to do in that area. I also need to keep my house clean. All of this is getting harder the bigger I get. Luckily I'm not too big still so I can do it with discomfort, but I can still do it. So... I guess I can kinda keep busy! Plus, husband & I are off to VA in 2 weeks. Kind of a "babymoon." My lovely, most talented friend is going to do a maternity shoot with me! I'm so excited. We're also gonna go in to DC & see some things. I'm pretty excited. DC is only 8ish hours away, so that's decently close! 

Anyway. That is all.


1 comment:

  1. Dude, keep a bottle of water with you at all times and drink it! No more dehydration, you'll need to do that for nursing too, so you might as well start now so the baby doesn't pop out too soon! Take care of yourself!!! :-) Love, Kalia

    ReplyDelete