Saturday, September 15, 2012

29 weeks.

28+3
Bye bye toes.
11 WEEKS LEFT! Holy moly, that's scary. I have so much to do!!! There's a bunch of stuff in baby's room, but it's not at all ready for a baby. Need to get on that. I got my glucose/anemia test done yesterday. I'm sure I at least passed the glucose part. It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says. Apparently people are way over dramatic about the glucose test. I got the lemon-lime? Is that right? Anyway, it tasted like a flat sprite with extra sugar. Not great, but not too bad. I had a really really short check-up yesterday so I didn't get to talk to my doctor much, but he did tell me that if I have a scheduled c-section (which is likely) I can have it done at Miami Valley South, which is the small, nicer one with the brand new maternity centre down by me. I don't think they'll let me have her there if I go in to labour naturally because they don't do high risk, but at least a scheduled c-section! So that made me happy.

Baby girl has been outrageously kicky this week. I like to put things on my belly when she's really active cause she likes to kick things off. Crazy girl. I think she is now head down... or at least dropped. Her jabs are really low these days. Uncomfortably so. & my hips are suddenly in pain & I am more of a waddler than a walker. I also discovered on Tuesday that I can no longer see my toes if I look straight down. I don't know when that happened. But my belly button is still in! & I've gained 15lbs, which is most excellent! I actually haven't gained any weight since my last appointment 3 & a half weeks ago. So I'm doing really well! Right on track to gain the recommended amount! & that's with all my ice cream & cookies. Yessss!

**This just in. I just discovered that my belly is 2 inches smaller (38") than it was at my baby shower. Holy moly I must've been holding a heck of a lot of water that day. Now I don't feel so bad about the pictures of me from that day. I can actually say I was bloated. Thank goodness.**

Today Gabe & I were up at 6am to babysit a friend's baby. It was kind of like a glimpse in to our future. Good practice. & our poor dog was so confused. She's having a rough day. I think the attention hogging baby made her nervous. Poor dear. She'll get used to it when we have one here all the time. The only part she enjoyed was breakfast cause the baby kept giving her cheerios. Anya is also in puppy school currently. She is doing a most excellent job!!! My feet swell really fast so Gabe works with her in the hour long class. She loves it. He gives her lots of attention. She's getting so good. I'm so proud of her. In fact, she was doing so well on Tuesday evening, & Gabe was being so so good with her, my hormones went crazy & I teared up. It just made me so happy!!! haha

What else has happened this week? Oh, my mom left. Sad sad day. So horrible. Like I said last week, she ended up having to have her gall bladder removed on the day she was supposed to head back to Colorado. So I got to keep her for 5 extra days. I miss her so much. I cried like a baby at the airport. Security actually came over & gave us some tissues. I'm such a pansy. Especially since I'm going to see her again in just a few weeks. In two weeks Gabe & I are going to Virginia to see some friends of mine, have a maternity shoot done, & go to DC. The weekend after that, I'm flying to Colorado. So flipping excited! I miss Colorado so very much. I'm really really hoping we end up back there at some point. I think there's a small part of Gabe that wants to go back & teach at the Academy, so maybe! Anyway. I'll be there for about a week, & then I'll drive with my parents (which I may regret) down to Sierra Vista, AZ for my sister's wedding the following weekend! So excited for my sister!!! It's going to be fun. A few days later I'll fly back to Ohio from Arizona. Then I'm not allowed to travel anymore. Hopefully everything stays great in my uterus so my doctor approves the flying the week I'm supposed to go. & so I don't have any problems while away from husband.

K. That is all!


- Alexa



No comments:

Post a Comment