Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nursery.

I finally finished the nursery!! It's nothing spectacular, but it took me forever since I've been so lazy. But I'm happy to say that it's finally done. There are a few bits & bobs that I'll add over time (ex: different lamp, something for bows, & a wreath or something with her initial once she has a name), but beyond that I'm really really proud of it. Especially since I had a specific colour pallet & patterns that I wanted to go with & I couldn't paint the walls. There are ten pictures.


View from doorway.
The crib (from my parents). There's also a small rocking horse to the left.
Pink thing over crib: 50% off @ Hobby Lobby
 chevron quilt: Gabe's cousin Rachel
Close up of the mobile I made.
Frames: 50% off @ Hobby Lobby
Storage for:
stuffed animals (yes, that's a stuffed airplane),
receiving blankets,
wipes (diapers are in the closet),
toys & books.
I'm in love with this quote.
My corner.
(Ignore the incredibly classy sheet chair cover.)
Angry bird was from dad last year. He thought it was going to be small. It matches.
Boppy: Walmart
chevron pillow: Target
quilt over chair: my Aunt Lynn
Mirror :$7 @ Target
I decorated it. Originally just a black frame
Dresser: $25 off Craigslist (Gabe redid it.)
Changing pad & cover: Target
Pink basket for diapers: Hobby Lobby
Temporary lamp: Ikea
Shelves: $14 each? Ikea
Some wonderful books!
Frames: 50% off @ Hobby Lobby
 K that's everything! I really enjoyed getting everything together. I even enjoyed folding all the crib sheets & blankets & putting them in the little linen closet in her room. & the little baby clothes! So cute. Everything is stashed away where it belongs. It took a long time, especially to figure out how I should organize everything, but I'm really happy with how everything turned out. I know it's nothing spectacular. It's not like we have a gazillion dollars. I wish. That would be fun. Every time I go upstairs I have to look in the room to make sure everything is still in place just waiting for baby girl to get here. As my sister said yesterday, you would think that with such a cute nursery she'd wanna get out & see it for herself!! Soon. Patience is a virtue that I really struggle with.

Anyway. That is all.

- Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment