Saturday, November 10, 2012

37 weeks.

37 weeks.
TERM!!!! 3 weeks until my actual due date (aka full term), but I am at term! That means that she would no longer be considered a pre-term baby if she was born now. Which means I am more than ready to evict her cute little toosh. I am well aware that she'll come when she's ready & not a second sooner, but I like to think I'm helping things along by walking, eating spicy foods....you know, the things that "induce labor." Makes me feel like I'm helping. Last week I was looking forward to having her by November 26th, but my doctor said that he won't decide yes or no on inducing me at 39 weeks until my 38 week appointment. He has to see if things have progressed at all. I was hoping with all these contractions they would...but nope! So hopefully by 38 weeks SOMETHING will have changed so they can give me a light at the end of the tunnel. Honestly I'm really hoping she'll come sooner. I'm so ready to get her out. People always ask me if I'm ready to have a baby. Absolutely not! I'm terrified. I am in no way ready to have a baby. But I am more than ready to get her out of me. Don't get me wrong, I love my baby, & it's really cool to feel her in there. But she's getting a wee bit big, & my uterus is not large enough to accommodate some of these moves she's trying to pull off. Strangely enough, I don't love being punched in the cervix (sorry) & kicked in the ribs at the same time. It's just not comfortable. & don't tell me I'll regret saying this, or I'll have a tougher time with a newborn. I'm well aware. But the grass is always greener on the other side. I just want to be able to bend over & get the socks out of the dryer when they're shoved to the back. & I want people to look at my face when I'm walking around instead of my belly. It's the simple things in life!

Okay, anyway. I'm doing fine. My weight gain has stalled & I've maxed out at 24lbs. It'll probably stay that way. Or at least I'm hoping so. It's not abnormal to stop gaining weight or to lose in the last month. Sounds good to me! Besides, 24lbs is actually under the recommended 25-35lbs! So I feel pretty dang good about myself! I still have a nasty cold, but I feel like that won't go away for a while. I can't take anything & I don't sleep, so my body is definitely in no place to kick any grossness out. I'm still having contractions. I've been having them for 3-7 hour spurts everyday this week. They're about 5 minutes apart & they hurt a bit. Every time I hope it's actually going to turn in to something but it never does. I'm hoping & praying that they turn in to something soon. On Thursday during one of those spurts, I was so pathetic that I couldn't bend down at the commissary to get a jar of pumpkin off the bottom shelf. Someone had to get it for me. & then people let me cut them in line. I'm going to miss that kind of treatment. My doctor has also told me not to drive anymore because of the passing out thing. He mentioned that it sounds like little seizures. I think that's a little dramatic, as is telling me not to drive...so I drive anyway. Gabe won't let me drive far though.

People that Gabe works with threw us a little baby shower on Tuesday. It was very nice of them. Mostly because there was chocolate cake. I love chocolate cake. Mmm chocolate. We got a very nice diaper cake (which doesn't sound delicious at all). It looks so pretty I don't want to take it apart. But I will be needing those diapers, & there are little toys & burp cloths on it that I need to go through, so I guess I have to take it apart eventually. It was nice of them to get gifts for us. & the cake. That was nice as well.

There's still a lot to get done. I need to clean the rest of my house, but it's really hard to get down on my hands & knees & scrub at this point. Mostly I just want to get the baby's room done. That's my goal for this weekend. I want to walk in to that room & see that everything is in place. People keep telling me I can do it after I have her, but I'd rather it be out of the way & not have to worry about it later. Plus, I'm pretty sure if I waited, it would never get done. Besides, it isn't like I have a TON to do. I just need to organize the drawers a bit better, hang some picture frames & the mobile I made, & figure out where to store anything extra. It's really not a big job. I just need to have the energy to do it. I should've done it yesterday. I had loads of energy, but I spent all of it going to Target, Pier 1, & Hobby Lobby looking at Christmas decorations. I feel like that's a justifiable trade-off. =]

To sum up. I'm term. I want the baby to be born asap. I'm sleepy. Contractions & no labor. I have a lot to get done. & I love Christmas! (Really, the last one is the most important. Other than the baby being born asap. That's really important, too.)

That is all.

- Alexa


1 comment: