Saturday, November 17, 2012

38 weeks.

38 weeks.
My due date is in TWO WEEKS!!! I hope I don't make it that far though, as horrible as that sounds. I'm hoping with every fiber of my being that I go in to labor this week. That would greatly upset my mom since she doesn't get here until the day after Thanksgiving (aka next Friday). She's demanded that I keep the baby in until she gets here, but my desire to get her out outweighs my desire to have my mom here for the birth. Never thought I'd say that. Ha! (Love you mom.) I really don't think I'll go in to labor this week. It's just wishful thinking. I'm pretty sure I'm in it for the long haul. Hopefully she comes soon. I mean, obviously 2 weeks is soon, but it feels like a lifetime. I'm so far passed the point of being ready to get her out. I'm not even afraid of labor now cause I'm so anxious. I'm sure once I actually go in to labor that I'll be tons more terrified. As will Gabe. Speaking of going in to labor, I'm actually nervous about one thing! The main thing they tell you to look for is contractions 5-7 minutes apart for an hour. Uh... I get those ALL the time. & they get worse over time. They last for hours. If I went by that I'd be calling pretty much every day. I'm terrified I won't call. I'm hoping my water breaks (even though I've read that only happens to something like 15% of women) & it's super obvious. That's a pretty clear cut sign that I need to go in. That's what I'm hoping for.

Every time I leave the house I feel like I'm being watched by everyone that sees me. Particularly if they know how far along I am. People look at me as though I shouldn't be up & around at this point. I was in Verizon the other day & the person asked me how far I am, then he kept asking if I was okay the entire time I was there. HELLO! I'm clearly not going in to labor. I'm just waddling. I'm fine. I've also heard a BAJILLION times this week that I don't look 38 weeks pregnant. That it's not fair that I don't look pregnant from the front from far away, or at all from the back. I'm pretty sure someone related me to a tooth pick at some point. I must take after my mom, cause I remember her saying she was an "olive on a toothpick" when she was pregnant. I suppose I'm blessed!

I have a sister-in-law who's due date was today. Yes, two weeks apart & each with our first baby. These cousins will be very very close in age. She had her baby girl on Wednesday! She's very cute. Ariel had the 6th baby in my family born this year (5 of those being Staples, & all baby girls), which means I'm next!!!! It's finally my turn. YAY! I keep on telling baby girl it's time & that it's her turn, but she's just so cozy in my womb I suppose. That should make me feel good, to know that I'm providing a safe warm home for my child. But really it just makes me feel like a host to an alien. Get out baby! & I mean that with love.

Yesterday I basically finished the nursery. I listened to Christmas music (because I can start up the Christmas spirit before Thanksgiving if I want) & spent hours in there folding, hanging, organizing...you name it. There are still things that I will add over time, but I think it's really cute & I'm really proud of it. I have a few finishing touches to put on it today & then I will post a separate post about the nursery. But for now, that's a little preview at the left! The colours for the room are pink & turquoise. I tried to stay in that realm as much as possible. I made a few things for the room myself actually. I'm pretty proud of myself for being so incredibly crafty.

This week was also the week my phone's life ended. I guess the fact that it lasted through 8 & a half months of my pregnancy is pretty impressive. I lost it all the time. I dropped it a lot. I found it in the freezer once. & the final straw was the puddle at Hobby Lobby. It was barely a puddle. It was just a teeny bit of water in a crack in the pavement. I didn't even remember it cause my phone fell with the cover down & water only got on the back. I guess some splashed in to it though & it started freaking out a few hours later. So I got a new phone. The Galaxy S3. It was a hard decision between that & the iphone 5, but I made it & I'm really happy with it. It's a cool phone. But I'm scared of it because it doesn't have a case yet. It's so thin. Pretty sure my chubby pregnant hands are gonna crush it.

Also, I want to leave you with this little gem. Most people don't have the privilege of seeing this side of my husband. Luckily I do on a daily basis. He's an outrageously smart engineer type, but man is he a weirdo! I just love him. =]

K. I have nothing more to say, other than to hope & pray that this baby decides it's moving day this week. =]

That is all.

- Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment