Saturday, October 27, 2012

35 weeks.

35 weeks.
5 weeks til my due date. 2 til full term. That puts me at 8 months pregnant today. That's madness! (Some people say they're 8 months at 32 weeks, because 8x4 is 32. That's dumb. Most months have more than 4 weeks. & that would put 40 weeks at 10 months. Pregnancy is only 9 months people, keep up.) I'm hoping to get to 37 weeks, cause if I have to keep having these contractions for another 5 weeks, I'm going to shove a needle, or a scalpel, or something in to my doctor's throat. Okay, that's a little much, but I'll be really upset. I've been having contractions for 2 weeks now. Yes, they are just first stage of labor contractions, so they're not super painful (but occasionally they get to the point I can't talk through them). But they DO hurt. & since I have them pretty much all day every day, my muscles are sore. It's like working your abs for 3 hours at a time, 5 times a day. My hips & my thighs are also feeling the burn. & sleeping while pregnant is already horrible. Having contractions wake you up multiple times a night, moaning in pain, makes it extra unpleasant. The good news is that there has been SOME progress. As of this passed Tuesday, I was 50% effaced. The Wednesday before that there was nothing going on, so that's good! Bright side! I have another appointment this Tuesday, so I'm hoping these contractions are actually making something happen. Pointless contractions really upset me. I'm supposed to call my doctor if I have ones that hurt for a couple of hours. I've definitely had that, but I don't want to call. I really don't want to waste my time going to labor & delivery. But the good news, is if she DOES come early, they tell me baby girl is doing so well that she won't need to be in the NICU. So that's great! But I still have so much to do!! She has to wait a bit longer.

We bought our car seat this week. Gabe is going to install it this weekend. Our stroller also came in. I'm in love with it. It's the Britax B-Agile. It's really light, & it's super nice to put. I'm so happy we decided to go with that instead of the Baby Trend stroller that goes with our car seat. The diaper bag also came this week, which means I need to pack it. I haven't even put my hospital bag together yet. It's out, but empty. That'll be useless if my water breaks in the middle of the night. So I really need to get on that. My parents bought our crib this week. Gabe is upstairs putting it together right now! I'm excited for it. It'll make that room seem like it's actually for a baby, cause right now it has a dresser covered in baby stuff, & a computer chair in there. Doesn't really feel like a nursery. But a good friend of mine did come this week & help me sort through baby clothes. I washed them all & put them away. It's nice to have that done. Her sheets, towels, & blankets people have sent for her are done, too. Everything is so little! It took me a really long time to fold everything, or put them on hangers. But it was so worth it to be able to look back through it all & "aww" at everything again. But there's still tons to do! Must decorate! I'm making a mobile for over her crib. Yes. I'm making one! I saw one on pinterest I liked that someone was selling on Etsy for $179. That's outrageous!!! So I'm making one like it for approximately $15. Max. It's not done yet. I still have to make a few bows, but it's cute. I'm really proud of it.

Not much else has been going on this week. I'm pretty sure our lives basically revolve around getting things ready for baby girl (who is still nameless). I don't know if I said this last week, but it still blows my mind even if I did. I realized when I was in Arizona that I have been pregnant all year. Isn't that crazy? I got pregnant in January (with an iud) & miscarried in February. Then got pregnant a few weeks later, & I've been pregnant ever since. If I went all the way to December, I would be pregnant every month this year. Hopefully I'll only make it to November. But isn't that crazy?! I can't believe I've been trying to grow a baby for 10 whole months!! No wonder my body is so exhausted. Growing a baby is not easy!!!

Anyway. I hope everyone is well. Happy Halloween!

That is all.

- Alexa


1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to post nursery, and mobile pics when things are settled! Nearly there! Congrats! You look like your mom in that picture! (except she doesn't have a prego belly!)

    ReplyDelete