Saturday, October 13, 2012

33 weeks.

32.4 weeks

SEVEN!!! Oh dear. That's actually probably more like six because they should be taking me at 39 weeks. Holy crap. I have so much to do when I get back to Ohio!!! I really really hope I get bit by the nesting bug asap.

This week has been pretty dang great! I flew to Colorado Springs on Sunday, & I spent a few days at my parents house. I finally saw where the fire happened & how close it got to where Gabe & I lived. No wonder we would've been evacuated. Absolutely amazing. I was able to spend a lot of time with my parents (& with my dog, Echo). I loved it. It was great. On Thursday we began our drive down to Sierra Vista, AZ for my sister's wedding. That night we stayed in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. Best town name ever. I almost wish I had had the baby there just so she'd be stuck saying she was born there for the rest of her life. But I didn't.

(Story time.) However, we did go to Denny's. Now, I don't drink very much caffeine. My favourite drink is Dr. Pepper, but since we can get the caffeine free kind on the east coast, I stick to A&W root beer. (It seems as though I may have a mild allergy or something to caffeine & when I drink it I usually end up with a really bad headache within a couple of days.) So anyway, I ordered a Dr. Pepper at Denny's. During pregnancy, after the first trimester, you're allowed something like 200mg of caffeine a day. A can of soda has an average of 30mg I believe, so that's well below the limit. & they're only concerned during the first trimester anyway, unless you drink so much you're giving your baby an addiction. I don't. So anyway, I ordered, & the woman "jokingly" but totally seriously said, "are you sure? You can have water, or milk, or root beer." Uh. No. I want the Dr. Pepper. Then she went on to tell me that she didn't think caffeine was good for pregnant woman. I'm sorry 50 year old woman in Truth or Consequences working at Denny's, are you judging me? When she brought me my soda, she told me that she hated the idea of a baby being born with a caffeine dependency. Hey, me too. You don't know my life. Are you really giving me pregnancy wisdom? Wow. I just couldn't believe it. Blew. My. Mind.

Family Tree, by Bret.
So anyway, the next day we went on to Sierra Vista. My sister's wedding was today. She looked absolutely gorgeous & I am so happy for her & Brendan. & their kids (especially Ayden, since she's 11, & the 2 year old probably has no idea what's going on) are really really happy. I was able to stand up as a bridesmaid, though it took some effort on my pregnant behalf. Wedding ceremonies aren't short, but man are they longer when you're this pregnant! Today is actually the first time I've lost my ankles thanks to swelling! Not pretty. Anyway. I teared up like a little girl when Michelle came down the aisle. & I almost lost it twice thanks to my dad. The first time when he came out before the ceremony to hug her, & the second when he gave his toast. There's something about my dad tearing up big time that makes me cry. He's a good dad. Really. The wedding was great, & the reception was too. I got to have my hair & make up professionally done (being doted on while pregnant is the best). All of the siblings were together for the first time in probably over a decade. It was cool. & I got to spend time with my nieces & nephews. They're rad. Seriously. (To the left is a photo of the picture that my brother, Bret, drew for our 7 year old niece, Sadie, explaining how the siblings in our family work. How our mom & dad are connected to each of us, who's half, who's step. The whole deal. I'm clearly the one that looks like she has a nasty growth on her stomach in the middle. That also only has bangs. Bret said it was because my hair was back today.)

Today I was also able to go visit Ed & Big Nina, Gabe's grandparents, briefly. They're so great. Gramma Nina told me my belly was too little the last time she saw me when I was 18 weeks, so I wanted her to be able to see that I've grown. She told me I'm still too small! hahaha. But she rubbed my belly regardless. They think it's really cool that someone they always felt was their granddaughter, is actually carrying their great grand baby. I'm glad I was able to stop by & see them, even though it was a short visit.

Unfortunately, yours truly has been having some belly issues. I've been going non stop for the past few days, from driving, to participating in weddings. My pregnant body just doesn't like it. I've spent the last 24 hours having painful contractions. I'm terrified of going to labour & delivery. I don't want them to tell me I can't fly home. So far I'm okay though. I was supposed to fly home on Wednesday, but my dad, being the great dad that he is, decided to send me home from Tucson on Monday. I need to get back to my husband & near my hospital. I miss my husband majorly. & my puppy. Though I've enjoyed being around family, I think it's important to get back to Ohio so I can take care of baby & I. & make sure everything is totally ready just incase she decides to make her debut early.

So anyway. Hopefully I'll have some photos from this trip soon. I'm glad I was able to make it. Currently I'm still in Sierra Vista, so when I get home I'll work on it.

Wish me luck with getting home before this baby tries to come out!

K. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment