Tuesday, July 17, 2012

20 weeks.

I'm halfway done! So freaking weird. I can't believe I'm already 20 weeks pregnant. It just blows my mind. A lot of people don't believe me either. My pharmacist (because I'm at Target for drugs so often they know me by name) asked me how my pregnancy was going. I told her it was good & that we just found out it's a girl. & she couldn't believe they told me so early. When I told her that I'm 20 weeks pregnant she stared at my belly for a second & said "no way." It's kind of a nice feeling, but I still get the feeling people that don't know I'm pregnant just think I'm eating too much chocolate. 

So on Friday July 13th we went for the anatomy ultrasound & found out the sex of the baby. The baby is growing great, & everything looks good so far. & it's a GIRL! Big shocker there. No really. I, along with the majority of my family, were convinced I was going to be the ONE Staples this year to have a boy. But nope! When ours is born, that will make 6 girls born to the Staples family in 2012. That's just crazy. So many girls!! 


I was THRILLED when she said "those are little girl parts." I teared up. Then I looked over at Gabe & he was just staring at the screen in shock. He's pretty much always like that at ultrasounds. Seeing the baby move around in there makes it a lot more real for him. For me too, but he reacts differently. He made her check again just to make sure. But he's happy. He's not used to the idea that there's a little baby girl in my belly yet, but it's growing on him. 

Today when he got home I was standing there talking to him & he interrupted me & said "wait, are you pregnant?" He was staring at my belly. It's become more noticeable in the last few days. Of course, I rolled my eyes, but I thought it was funny. I can't wait til he's able to feel her kicking around in there. Right now he'll just have to watch my belly grow & continue to hold my hair back & sit on the bathroom floor with me while I throw up to remain convinced that I'm pregnant.

We didn't tell our parents right away what we found out at the ultrasound. I told our parents on Friday that the baby was too squirmy (which was almost true) to see between her legs & that we would have to wait 'til my fetal echo in a few weeks to find out the sex. Of course, this was a lie. I actually went out & bought a pair of pink baby socks & sent them each one to tell them the gender. They got them yesterday. My mom was hilarious. She called me & spent the first 5 minutes cursing me because I lied. But she's happy! She's getting a grandson & a granddaughter this year!

Fun pregnancy things: the baby shower. A very best friend of mine, Lindsey, who was my first roommate at BYU, just so happens to live in Ohio with her husband & baby. In fact, they're moving to the Dayton area next month! So she's planning my baby shower along with some help from ladies in my ward. & my good friend Rachel, who made our wedding invitations, & is a co-owner of Sweet Root Village, (PLUG: Take notice of the link. They are EXTREMELY talented. They do events & photography & flowers & everything. So amazing.) is making the invitations for it. She started making a boy & a girl one before she had her own baby girl just a few weeks ago. Now she's finishing up since we know what we're having. It's already amazing. I love her & I'm so lucky to have her around. & by around I mean in Virginia. She's going to be doing my maternity shoot in September, which I'm WAY excited about. I've always wanted to star in a Rachel Bridgwood photo shoot. =] Anyway. So the baby shower will be on September 1st, since that's when my parents are coming out & I really want my mom to be there. It's about a month earlier than what I guess is normal timing for a baby shower, but my only other option is to not have my mom there, & I'm just not okay with that.

Anyway. I'll stop boring you. Here's this thing.

How far along? 20+3 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 6lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Just pants.
Sleep: Not good.
Best moment this week: Um. Well Friday we found out we were having a girl! That technically wasn't THIS week. But I'm now in my 21st week so we'll go with that.
Miss Anything? Excedrin Migraine.
Movement: Yessir.
Food cravings: Spinach & tomato salad.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pizza, spaghetti, macaroni & cheese. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes. But I still just look like I have a beer belly rather than a baby belly.
Gender guess: No need for guessing. It's a girl!
Labor Signs: Just some braxton hicks.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Depends on the day. & if I'm sick or not.
Looking forward to: Not having to suck in the top of my belly anymore when the baby gets bigger. The muscles right under my rib cage feel like they've been worked out every day. hahaha

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment