Saturday, June 16, 2012

16 weeks.

16 weeks
I swear I'm getting rounder every day. My belly sprouted at 14 weeks 1 day & has been steadily & quickly growing for the last two weeks. It's crazy! My next appointment is at 19 weeks & my next ultrasound is July 13th! That's when we'll find out the sex of the baby! (& check everything out, like the heart to make sure there are no abnormalities.) I'm really curious to see how I'm measuring up according to my due date cause my womb (I think that's a funny word... but I guess the real term is fundus, which is an even funnier word...) has already made it to my belly button & from everything I've read that's way high for 16 weeks. Everyone carries different I guess. So we'll see.

Baby has given me some fun things to work through this week. Like barfing up all helpful medicine for migraines & nausea. I like to think baby just wants me to know it's still there. I know baby! That's why my pants don't fit! Thanks for that.

& on top of that, I was stung by a bee 45 minutes before I dropped my mom off at the airport. That's just not fair. Stupid bee. I hope it died. I can't blame that on the baby though. Unless pregnancy hormones somehow make me more appealing to bugs. Which now that I think about, I think is true. I spider bites too. Huh.

I've also had to start thinking about a baby shower. I think Lindsey (one of my BFFs & very first roommate at BYU that just so happens to be moving to the Dayton area with her husband & baby this August...YAY!!!!) & I are going to set it for August. Preferably late August. My parents are moving soon & that's when they plan on driving out from Colorado to stay with us for a few days. & I REALLY want my mom at my baby shower. I know it's early, but I really have no other options. Well. I guess I do. My other option is to just not have my mom there. But that's a crappy option that I'm going to pretend doesn't exist. So, since that's only 2 months away, I'm trying to think of themes now. I figured that I can just think of boy things & girl things, & then we'll pick once we know the sex of the baby on July 13th! So that's pretty exciting. Yeah yeah. It's early. Blah blah blah. Whatever. Nothing's perfect.

The rest of this has nothing to do with babies...

Anya

My mom left on Wednesday. My gosh that sucked. I miss her. It was nice having her here. She taught me how to cook some more things! So that was nice. I'm pretty confident I can at least duplicate her chicken enchiladas. She also was a GINORMOUS help around my house. Huge. I can't even begin to tell you how much she did while she was here. I just love her so much. She's the most wonderful mom on the planet. So glad I get to see her again in 2 weeks when we go down to Arizona.

Look how cute my dog is! I really don't understand people that don't like dogs. Especially people who say they don't like poodles. People who say that are stupid. & if you are one of them, I'm sorry. Well...not really. You're stupid. This is my 3rd standard poodle & they are the best. I just love her so much. She's smart. She's cute. She's loving. She's cuddly. She doesn't shed. She jumps as if she's trying to take flight. She's a butt sometimes, but she's a puppy so that's normal. But people that don't like poodles are stupid. I hope God has a place for people that hate dogs. I hope it's filled with chihuahuas & toy poodles & other yippy ankle biters. Ehem. Sorry. That was mean. But I'm hormonal so... I'll blame that. For the record though, I'd feel this way even if I were not hormonal, cause LOOK AT HER! SHE'S SO CUTE!!!

I started school this week. That was crappy. I'm taking 16 credit hours this quarter. It's my last term before the baby comes cause my due date is a couple weeks before the end of fall semester. So I'm taking off 2 semesters & then going back to school AGAIN next summer. I started school in June of 2008 & was supposed to graduate in April this year. Transferring schools put me back a full year. Ugh. This quarter I'm taking another math class (which I never had to take at BYU), a theatre appreciation class (& I took tons of arts classes at BYU, but none were "appreciation"...stupid), another economics class, & a history class (even though I took 3 history classes at BYU). Basically, I'm trying to fill Wright State's stupid requirements. I'm pretty sure they should just let me in to my major already. I've been working on GEs for four years now. I'M READY TO GRADUATE PEOPLE! But, last quarter was the first time I've passed all of my classes in... three & a half years? It's so nice to have my brain back. Failing every semester was really discouraging. Especially when I worked so hard. So glad there was a health reason for it. I was absolutely terrified to go back to school because of it. You can ask my husband. I was a wreck. & then my econ professor mixed up my grade with another Alexa in my class this last quarter. He entered an F. I was horribly confused & despite knowing that there was no way I failed, I freaked out. Cried forever. So happy I wasn't the failing Alexa this time. Not that I wish that on someone else, but I'm just glad it was her & not me this time. Now I work my butt off & don't fail. It's a good feeling!



So anyway. Here's this thing.

How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3-4 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Seriously need some pants.
Sleep: Restless. & weird vivid dreams.
Best moment this week: My mom was here!
Miss Anything? My mom. She left Wednesday.
Movement: Still a little bit. It's starting to get more intense.
Food cravings: Still Taco Bell. & bananas. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Water a few days this week. 
Have you started to show yet: Most people probably think I'm just gaining weight, but there's a bump.
Gender guess: Boy. But I'm still hoping for a girl.
Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. With interspersed mental breakdowns over silly things. 
Looking forward to: My belly looking like a baby bump rather than fat.



Holy moly. Long post. I guess I just like to share... with... myself. Cause I don't think anyone else will get this far on this post. =]


That is all!


- Alexa

1 comment:

  1. yay! I'm glad you post, and I read it all! No one else on my blog list tends to post very often, neither do I right now, but I'm glad you do! Can't wait to find out what you are having! So exciting! Congrats on school achievements too!! Love, Kalia

    ReplyDelete