Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm pregnant! (15 weeks)

This post is almost as long overdue as the last one. I'd like to share this in a more informative way, if you care to read.

It is no longer a secret that yours truly (that's me) is pregnant. Due date: December 1st.

Together, there are 6 babies due between August & December in the Levesque/Staples families. Holy baby boom. As far as I know, I'm having the last one this year. Everyone's gonna be all babied out by then. But stick around & pay attention, cause with the iffiness of Gabe & I being related this baby could have webbed toes! You never know. 

10wk ultrasound
I won't bore you with the details of why we decided to have a baby, although it's pretty interesting if I do say so myself. But I'm pregnant & that's all you care about! I got a positive pregnancy test on March 21st, dealt with the military hospital for a few weeks before they made me angry one final time & I was able to switch to an office off base, which I love! They're taking wonderful care of me. Especially since they collected my medical history (which the base doctors never did), & discovered that I'm high risk. I knew I should be, but it was nice to have doctors confirm that. They're now taking good care of me & I have appointments & ultrasounds much more than the average pregnant woman. Which is cool cause I get to see my baby a lot. =]


However, it's not cool when I have to go in to the ER just to make sure my face is okay (I recently had a terrible experience with a migraine where part of my face started to droop down). They were concerned because of my history with strokes so they admitted me & I was in the maternity ward (which was weird cause I barely look pregnant) for what felt like forever. Things turned out fine though. They don't know what's wrong with my eye & why it's drooping, but at least we know it's not a stroke. This baby is giving me some crazy issues, but hopefully it'll be so cute that it'll be totally worth it. =] I must say, despite all the weird things, I'm lucky to be so healthy & the baby is doing just fine. I'll get a couple of ultrasounds around 20 weeks, one for the anatomy, & one to take a closer look at the heart to make sure there's nothing wrong. But so far everything looks good & hopefully what I have isn't genetic. I have great faith that I'll have a healthy baby!


15 weeks
As of today I am 15 weeks & 1 day. According to my "What to expect" app the baby is about the length of an avocado (4-5 inches). A week ago I woke up with a slight bump that no one noticed, but thru the week it's grown & now it's pretty clearly a small baby bump. You can only see it from the side. Apparently I'm incredibly short waisted so the top of my uterus is much higher at this point than expected, so I'm showing already. Sooner than anticipated, but it's pretty exciting! =]

I started feeling the baby flutter around when I was about 12 weeks. Only when I was laying at a certain angle. This was confirmed the other day when I was at the hospital & they were looking for the heartbeat & the baby moved & I felt it. So I asked & they said that's for sure what I've been feeling. It's just been in the last few days that I can feel it when I'm standing up though. No defined kicking or punching yet, but I'm sure that will come in the next few weeks. But it's pretty cool to know that I've at least been able to feel the baby move for a little while now. Even if just a little bit. Especially since this is my first pregnancy.

I'm also curious to see how Anya (the dog) reacts to all of this. She LOVES kids but I'm sure she'll get jealous of all the attention the baby gets. So we'll have to make sure to love on her extra. & I've read that when the baby gets bigger dogs can actually hear the heartbeat through the belly so I'm hoping she'll lay on my belly. She already does, but I think it'd be cool for her to know something's up.

Anyway. Here's some pregnancy stats.


How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3 lbs
Maternity Clothes: I have one pair of pants. Need more though.
Sleep: Not too great. Need a pregnancy pillow desperately.
Best moment this week: My mom is here! & being told that the fluttering I feel is the baby moving!
Miss Anything? Excedrin Migraine.
Movement: Little bit.
Food cravings: Taco Bell, spicy things, & pretty much Mexican in general.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Garlic, & the smell of most meat.
Have you started to show yet: Very suddenly.
Gender guess: Girl. Or boy. Goodness I don't know.
Labor Signs: Definitely not.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mood swings. But not as bad as my first trimester. 
Looking forward to: Feeling undeniable movement. Especially so Gabe can feel it.

Well. My mom flew in this week when I was in the hospital. So I'm going to finish this up so I can spend some time with her before she leaves. =]

I'm gonna get better at this though. Keep it updated.

The end!


- Alexa

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! :) I mean I already knew but I'm still happy for you!! Once you start updating regularly you will see how fun blogging can be!! :) I have a blog that i've had for years and it's so entertaining posting and having people comment! :) :) can't wait to read more updates!

    Jenny H
    pearlswirljournals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete