Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Two Months.

2 months.

This is a little overdue, but Peyton was 2 months old on the 25th of January! I can't believe I've been a mom for 2 months. That just blows my mind. I'm not old enough or grown up enough to have a 2 month old. Well...obviously I am, but it's weird. I still can't believe I'm someone's mom. The good news is I've kept her alive for 2 months, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

5 weeks.

At her 2 month well baby check up she had to get a couple of shots. She handled them like a champ. Cried of course, but wasn't squirmy, just upset. She weighed 9 lbs 5 oz!! At one month she didn't even have a percentile at 6 lbs 14 oz, so our goal was to get her between 5 & 10 by 2 months. Clearly mommy's boob milk is doing it's job cause we surpassed our goal!! She's now 21 inches long, meaning she's grown 2 inches in 2 months. She's in like the 19th percentile for that...something like that. She's a really petite baby. She's now 10 weeks & only JUST moved from newborn to size 1 diapers. She still fits in some newborn clothes, & in smaller 0-3 month ones. I guess we just have a small baby. But she's so cute!!! I just love her.


6 weeks.

All of the hair on top of her head fell out by the time she was 1 month old, as you can see in the photo of her in a hospital gown above (don't worry, she was just there for a test & it turned out fine). She looked like the cutest most feminine little man you ever did see. But it's grown back now.

She had her first "social smile" at 5 weeks. I looove her smiles. Cause even if I'm frustrated with exhaustion, she can flash me a gummy grin & I just melt. Every morning I lay her on my bed to change her diaper & she just stares at the ceiling grinning (which is why I'm convinced babies can see spirits. There's gotta be something there that we can't see cause she just smiles for no reason all the time).

Here's some of what I've learned about our little girl.


7 weeks.
Peyton likes...
being swaddled.
bath time.
the sound of rolling r's, or similar sound with lips. Usually gets her to stop crying.
the car when it's moving.
sucking the life out of mommy's breasts.
being rocked or bounced.
her swing.
when her dad sings like a goof to her.
her vitamin drops.
her diaper to be fresh & clean.
rolling from side to side.
sucking on her fist.
being cuddled.


5 weeks.



Peyton hates...
being put in her carseat
a wet/dirty diaper.
getting out of the bath.
being hot. & she's a heater so that's rough.
having clothes pulled over her head.
the nasal aspirator with an intense passion.
being hungry.
being half asleep & waking up to find I'm not holding her anymore.
tummy time on the floor.






7 weeks with her daddy.
Altogether I suppose things are going pretty well. Could be worse. Gabe is becoming much more comfortable with Peyton now that she's a bit bigger & more responsive. She smiles, she holds her head up, & she likes to try to stand. She can hold the majority of her weight for a few seconds at a time. Strong girl!! So those things make it a little easier for Gabe to bond with her. She's not a very good sleeper yet so I'm having a bit of a rough time. She'll go anywhere from 2-6 hours being her longest stretch of sleep at night. & she doesn't really nap during the day so I don't get to nap. I've got these big old dark circles under my eyes. I take back any complaint about being tired I ever had. NOW I'm tired. I don't know how moms with more kids do anything. I can barely take a shower! Not because I'm tired, but merely because my child is so darn needy! Good thing she's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm bias, I know. But you have to admit, I've got a pretty baby. =]



7 weeks.
As for life without the baby... I don't really have one. Gabe does though. I mean, he goes to work. He has some friends that like RC planes. Not as much as Gabe, but no one likes RC planes as much as him. He goes & flies his planes (after asking my permission) & even has some friends that will go with him. He's been really helpful though. He makes dinner most nights because Peyton tends to be a breast feeding machine in the evenings. & then he'll even do the dishes. I figure it's a fair trade since I take care of his kid all day & night. He's lucky to have such a wonderful wife. =] (For the record, I'm also very blessed to have such a wonderful husband.) I AM planning on learning some new skills though. I want to learn to sew still. Pinterest has infected me with that desire. Even the desire to quilt, which I never saw coming. Pinterest has also told me I need to learn to crochet, which I plan on doing soon...assuming I get a chance. We'll see. Peyton is becoming a little easier. I can put her on her play gym & she's distracted for a good 20 minutes, so sometimes I get "me time." I did just complete a project that I sketched out during a brief nap & managed to finish while I was feeding her. I'll post about that soon.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well! Stay warm!

- Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment